Wednesday 3 March 2010

Connecting with God

Connecting with others is a major part of our culture today. It might be via texts, phone calls, blogs, facebook or some other cyber means. But something in us cries out for "company" or attention or to be noticed - a need to be cared about or even to be loved by others.

One of the most amazing facts is that God loves each of us, equally, totally and without end! His love is fresh every day, takes joy in the time we spend with him and is a love that shares every moment with us, in our joys, sorrows, triumphs and problems. He loves us.

Connecting with God is the most beautiful and awesome thing anyone can do, realising that he has paid a huge price, (well who would sacrifice a son for humanity in the hope that we might take notice?) - and yet in a world full of choices that we make every day, the one choice we find hard is connecting with God, through Jesus.

Is it the fear of loss of control, a concern that we don't know the whole story or that reason and rationale shout against there being a God? Perhaps a mix of these and other concerns, hold us back?

For me starting the day with 1 on 1 time with the one who loves me and has only my best  interests at heart is wonderful - and no there are not booming voices or angelic choirs or words leaping out of pages of the Bible ... but there are moments of pure wonder as scriptures come to life in my heart, my father in heaven stirs me in prayer and refreshes me in quiet joy.

Want to know more or experience this for yourself - just talk to him, say whats on your mind, share it with him and listen for him in the everyday things, connecting with God is the best choice you will ever make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for you comment, I will response as soon as I can.